Chocolate Covered Cream Pie Recipe
- 10 Graham Crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (⅓ cup)
- 16-18 milk cookies
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 1½ cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups fresh whipped cream
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper.
- Crush graham crackers to a sand-like texture. Combine crumbs with melted butter, then press into pan.
- Line the edges of the pan with the milk cookies and place in the freezer for one hour.
- In a medium saucepan, heat condensed milk, whole milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract and mix until mixture boils. Thicken with cornstarch. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff. Pour condensed milk mixture and fold until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into pan and freeze overnight.
- Make ganache. Heat chocolate with cream, pour over mixture in pan.
- Chill for 1 hour, or until the cake sets.