8 Tips for Making a Good Cake
Making cake is one of the most enjoyable jobs in the world.
The happiness of the cake is valid for both the maker and the eater.
Well, is it not possible to make a cake with pleasure on our own at home?
How to prepare the backbone sponge cake?
- When we say cake, of course, the first thing that comes to mind is sponge cake.
- Because one of the important building blocks that keep the cake alive both physically and as a taste is the sponge cake.
- The sponge cake should be fluffy, oil-free and the inside should be eye to eye.
- Sponge cake can be bought ready-made, but as we said; we will make our own cake at home.
- First of all, the materials of the sponge should be kept at room temperature, ie 19 degrees.
- The egg white and yolk should be whipped separately, then mixing should be started.
- When mixing with other ingredients, a wooden spoon or spatula should be used instead of a mixer.
How to use baking soda and baking soda?
- Baking powder; The cream contains mixtures such as tartar, starch and baking soda.
- Carbonate, on the other hand, acts when mixed with an acid-containing substance, forming carbon dioxide bubbles.
- Accordingly, the cake is provided to rise.
- If both are used; As the name suggests, baking powder is used for baking, and baking soda is used for its acid ratio.
- So if products such as lemon juice and yogurt are not included in the recipe, baking powder can be used.
What are the things to be considered in cake materials?
- First of all, the cake materials to be used must be fresh.
- The dimensions given should be taken into consideration.
- Sometimes even the size of something given in the recipe matters.
- Therefore, one should try to stick to the recipe.
How should solid materials be used?
- While making a cake, care should be taken to whisk solid ingredients such as flour or baking powder in separate containers.
- After the ingredients are whipped in separate containers, they can be added to the cake mortar.
- While whipping, the flour should be in a boza consistency and not be in a rubbery structure.
How are molds used?
- Another important issue is the use of cake molds.
- The mold sizes given in the cooking recommendations should be considered.
- While making cake, clamp cake molds are very suitable for this job.
- The mold should neither be larger nor smaller than the recipe.
- In this way, the cake will neither stay small nor overflow from the mold.
- Before cooking, the mold should be oiled with butter. It should then be floured lightly.
- Instead of flour, wax paper can also be used, paying attention not to form fold marks.
- Aluminum foil should be avoided. If used, the shiny part should not touch the cake mix.
- Care should be taken that the cake mortar does not fill the mold completely during the molding process.
- There should be a gap of.
How should the oven setting be?
- The oven setting is very important when making a sponge cake.
- Sponge cake is generally baked in a non-preheated oven and 10- 20 degrees lower than other types of cake.
- The cooking temperature of the sponge is 170-180 degrees on average.
- While the sponge cake is being cooked, care should be taken that the lid is not opened for 20-25 minutes.
Is the sponge cake removed immediately after cooking?
- If you use wax paper, you can remove the sponge cake right after cooking; this is possible.
- But be careful not to do that.
- Let the sponge cake get some rest.
- After the sponge cake is cooked, leave the oven door open and wait for the oven and room temperature to match.
- After making sure that it is cool, wrap it with cling film or cheesecloth and keep it in the refrigerator for a day.
How to shape the cake? How to decorate the cake?
- After waiting for a day, you can start to give personality to the sponge cake by using cream varieties such as fat cream, whipped cream, ganache and chocolate cream.
- Before you start this, you should carefully divide the sponge cake into layers.
- If the upper slice is curved, you should shave it lightly and wet it with a little milk or water.
- You should be careful that the cream is not cold and not too layered.
- If fruit is to be used, you should make sure that the juice is drained, fresh and not damaged.
- If nuts are to be added, you should carefully sort them.
- You should also be careful that the cream is not all around and shows itself slightly.
- When decorating the cake, you should take care to use a long and wide spatula.
- You can decorate the top of the cake with chocolate, pearls, fruit beads and small cake decorations.
- Do not forget to consider the meaning and importance of the day – birthday, special days, etc. – while decorating!