Favorite of Recipes: Sour Cream Recipe
It is neither as thick as a strained yogurt, nor as sweet as cream. We will tell you about a delicious ingredient that reminds you of both when you eat it. Our topic: Sour cream.
f As we can make our own buttermilk at home, we can also make sour cream from kefir.
However, you will get a taste that is closer to the sour cream, strained yogurt that we will obtain from kefir, keep it in a corner of your mind. We will first tell you how to make buttermilk. We will share the secrets of how to get sour cream and consume it with pleasure. So come on. Let’s prepare sour creams that will suit your desserts, people, meals and sauces very well.
Ingredients for Sour Cream Recipe
- 600 ml daily milk (organic or farm milk
- 1 lemon juice
For sour cream:
- 150 grams of milk cream
Tip of Sour Cream Recipe
The fermentation period of the sourdough is 24 hours in order to achieve that unique taste. If you ferment it under the conditions stated in the recipe, you will have the desired result.
How to Make Sour Cream Recipe?
- Transfer warm daily milk into a jar. Close your mouth by adding lemon juice. After whisking it for a few minutes, let it sit for about 12-15 minutes.
- You will observe that the milk has stopped. When you see slight separations, your buttermilk is ready.
For sour cream:
- Take 1/3 of the buttermilk you get into a jar. Add milk cream on it.
- Mix well and cover the mouth with a cheesecloth.
- Leave it to ferment for about 24 hours at room temperature.
- After the fermentation process, close the mouth tightly and let it rest in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Consume your thick sour cream in a tightly closed jar in your meals, desserts and sauces.