Here is another quick way to decorate your cupcakes or cakes. It just takes minutes to pipe a fancy iced swirl and add colorful sprinkles. Learn how to make a 1M swirl, as well as, a swirl using tips 2A and 2D with Video.
Ingredients for the Buttercream Swirl
Tools for the Buttercream Swirl
- 12-Inch Disposable Cake Decorating and Pastry Bags,
- Cake Decorating Tip 1M, 2A, 2D
How to Make a Buttercream Swirl?
- Using a decorating bag fitted with tip 1M, 2D or 2A, hold the bag straight up, with the tip about half an inch above the surface of your cupcake.
- Squeeze to form the center of the swirl. Without releasing pressure, raise the tip a little bit and move it slightly to the side. This will be the starting point of your swirl.
- Pipe a line of icing toward the top of the star. Using a circular motion, pipe a ?C? until it connects to the starting point.
- After completing the first rotation, move the tip slightly inward and repeat the circular motion. Continue spiraling until you reach the desired height. End the spiral at the center of the cupcake. Stop squeezing before pulling tip away.