Apfelstrudel, the apple pie that we all know better
- 5 tablespoons crushed and roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons crushed and roasted almonds
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 large apples (peeled, seeded and sliced)
- 3 tablespoons of raisins
- 4 thinly rolled puff pastry dough
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on
How to make Streuselkuchen Apfelstrudel
In a bowl, mix hazelnuts, almonds, granulated sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and grated, apple slices and raisins. Set it aside.
Spread a leaf of puff pastry on a clean kitchen towel and brush the melted butter into it.
Then spread the second leaf and do the same for it.
Repeat this process for the remaining 2 sheets.
Sprinkle the mixture you prepared with 3 fingers on the edges of the dough.
Holding the ends, close it over the material you are filling.
Roll the dough with a kitchen towel and wrap it long.
Place the rolled dough you have prepared on a baking tray covered with oiled paper.
Lubricate it with a brush and cook for 35 minutes in an oven preheated to 190 degrees.
It needs to be golden brown.
After taking it out of the oven, slice it and serve it by sprinkling powdered sugar.