Ingredients for the Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe
- Half a glass of room temperature butter
- Half a glass of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavor
- Quarter teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- Red gel food coloring
How To Make A Valentine’s Cookie
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with the help of a mixer until they rise. Mix by adding the egg and vanilla first, then salt and baking powder. Add the flour little by little and mix until the dough is completely identical. Divide the dough in half and place a piece in a clean bowl and set aside. Add a small amount of red gel food coloring to the remaining dough. Knead until the color is completely mixed.
- Take lemon-sized pieces from the dough and roll them. Create patterns in your workspace from two different colored dough balls. Knead the dough gently, without stirring too much, until the color swirls are visible, and wrap it in a stretch film giving a round shape. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Roll out the dough 6 mm thick on the floured bench. Take out pieces with your heart shaped mold. Place them on a baking tray with baking paper leaving a 5 cm space between them. Freeze the cookies for 15 minutes and then bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 12 minutes. Let it cool down and serve.