It is the most popular dessert of recent times with different names such as San Sebastian cheesecake, Basque burnt cheesecake, warm cheescake, La Vina cheesecake! The reputation of that soft texture of the interior started to spread wave after wave from the Basque region of Spain years ago. This recipe, which is the famous dessert of La Vina, a patisserie here, is known for its multi-ingredient and magnificent taste.
It is very easy and practical to make. And the taste is amazing! But it is necessary to pay attention to a few tricks. Using all materials and especially eggs at room temperature, feeding the eggs one by one, and the quality of the cream cheese used are of great importance. Using spreadable white cheeses sold in the markets will help you get a more delicious flavor.
We already say health to your hands, welcome to our recipe.
Ingredients for San Sebastian Cheesecake Recipe
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 400 grams of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 400 grams of cheese
- 150 grams of cream
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1.5 tablespoons starch (corn or wheat starch)
How to Make San Sebastian Cheesecake Recipe?
- Set the oven to 240 degrees. Take the egg and powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl. With the help of a mixer, beat for 5-6 minutes until the sugar is well melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cream cheese, cream and labne cheese. Add cream, flour and starch on it and whisk again on low setting. You can also add vanilla at this stage if you wish.
- Finally, add the egg mixture on the labneed mixture and mix well with the spatula from bottom to top.
- Place double baking paper inside a 23 cm springform tin. Add the mixture on it and smooth it over.
- Fry it for 15 minutes in the oven that you set at 240 degrees without fan. Then reduce the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees and cook for another 20 minutes.
- After cooking, turn off the oven and open the door slightly and wait for the first temperature to pass for at least 20 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool at room temperature.
- After resting at room temperature, let it rest for at least 8 hours, preferably 1 day. Remove the wax paper and serve by slicing. You can also pour chocolate sauce or fruit sauce on it.
Useful Tips: 10 Key Tips for Making a Perfect Cheesecake
If you like cheesecake, but if you think you cannot keep its consistency and you do not dare to make cheesecake at home, or if you have tried it before and did not get a good result, approach it. It is actually much easier to prepare cheesecakes with perfect consistency that do not crack or scatter while cooking. Here are all the tips you need to know: 10 Key Tips for Making a Perfect Cheesecake