The homeland of the strawberry, which is from the rose family, is America. It strengthens the body’s defense mechanism against viruses and infections. In addition to its antioxidant properties, it is also good for heart health. Thanks to the fibers it contains, its caloric value is very low. Presented as a summer fruit, strawberries find a place in many dessert recipes, especially cakes. If your ingredients are ready, we can start the strawberry cake recipe.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 125 g icing sugar
- 125 g of sifted flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 packet of vanilla
For pastry cream
- 2.5 cups of milk
- 1 tea glass of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of starch (Heaped)
- 1 tablespoon of flour (Heaped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 100 ml cream
- 1 packet of vanilla
- 100 g white chocolate
For between and over
- Whole strawberries and pieces of instant croquant
How To Make Strawberry Cake?
- For the sponge cake; Beat eggs and sugar until foam is frothy. Add the sifted flour, baking powder and vanilla.
- Mix with a spatula by venting from bottom to top without extinguishing the foam. Cover the bottom of a medium size springform tin with greaseproof paper and pour the dough into the mold.
- Place a heat-resistant container filled with water on the lower shelf of the oven. Place the clamped mold on the middle rack as well. Bake in a preheated 170 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
- For the pastry cream; Put all ingredients except butter and cream into the sauce pan. Cook on very low heat until it reaches the consistency of a pudding.
- Just a few minutes before downloading, add the butter, cream, and white chocolate. When you mix it well and get a smooth consistency, remove it from the heat. Whisk it once in a while and cool it by preventing it from becoming rough.
- Cut the cooked sponge cake in half, spread the pastry cream in between, just sprinkle the chopped strawberries and croquant pieces on it. Place the second layer of sponge cake on it. Spread from the cream. Place whole strawberries with leaves, cool and slice.
What Are The Tips Of Strawberry Cake?
- To balance the taste of the sponge, add a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Take the butter and eggs you will use out of the refrigerator and wait for them to come to room temperature.
- If the cream is thick, add the milk little by little.
- If the sponge cake mixture is watery, make a sifted flour supplement.
- To increase the flavor of the cake, you can decorate it with raspberry and blackberry sauce before serving.
How many calories is 1 serving strawberry cake?
A portion of strawberry cake prepared with standard ingredients is about 260 calories. A slice of cake cut in medium sizes is an average of 400 calories. Although it is rich in nutrients, it is recommended that those who are in weight and sugar control consume it in moderation.