Even Forks Are Happy: Sour Cream Cake Recipe
We have no words to say the place of yoghurt and strained yoghurt in our diet, the throne that it has established in our hearts. We eat next to every meal like delicious. It enhances the taste of every dish and dessert it contains.
There is a flavor in this world that can rival normal cream and strained yogurt. Although some people compare it to sour yogurt, they are quite different. The bet is undoubtedly sour cream.
The sour cream, which the British call “Sour Cream” and the French “” Crème Fraîche “, is used in Mexican cuisine for and in most dishes. The preparation of this flavor is very practical. There are a few materials you will need. The first is cream, the second is buttermilk or strained yogurt. These two ingredients are whisked and kept in a warm environment for 24 hours to make them go sour.
So we made a cake as good as a slightly sour cream. Let alone other cake recipes. This cake is deliciously puffed up and disperses in the mouth. We did not know how to explain yet. Better give it a try.
Ingredients for Sour Cream Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 150 grams of butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Tip of Sour Cream Cake Recipe
If all your ingredients except sour cream are at room temperature, your cake will rise more and will be more delicious. When preparing the mixture for the cake, prepare the liquid ingredients and the dry ingredients in separate containers. Do not whisk dry ingredients while mixing with liquid ingredients. Mix gently with a spatula.
Cooking Suggestion of Sour Cream Cake Recipe
You can also prepare your cake without using cinnamon. If you do not have sour cream, you can also prepare the cake using the same amount of strained yogurt. But it will not taste the same.
How to Make Sour Cream Cake Recipe?
- First of all, start to heat your oven at 180 degrees.
- In a deep bowl, sift your flour, baking powder and salt by sieving them twice. After sifting your dry ingredients in this way, take them into the corner.
- Take the butter you have left for a while at room temperature in a bowl. Add sugar on it. Whisk your mixer at low speed until the ingredients get a creamy consistency.
- Add your eggs and vanilla extract to it. Continue whisking at medium speed.
- When you get a homogeneous appearance, stop whisking. Add the sour cream by slowly mixing into your liquid ingredients with the help of a spatula.
- Then slowly add the dry ingredients that you sifted into the liquid ingredients and mix them with a spatula.
- When all the ingredients are mixed, add some of the mortar to the oiled ovenware. Sift the cinnamon with the help of a tea strainer in the middle layer. Make sure that it is evenly distributed all over.
- Add the rest of the cake and leave to bake in the oven you have previously heated.
- Take care not to open the door of your oven for the first 20 minutes. Then open it and check the inside with a knife or toothpick. If your toothpick is clean, your cake is baked.
- Let your baked cake cool a little. After resting, take it out of the cake mold and share it with your loved ones.