Russian cake, prepared with sponge cake, cream and fruit, is among the most delicious recipes of Russian cuisine. Honey is used in the production of this cake, which is prepared with layers of dough. Russian cake, known as ‘medovik‘ in some countries, keeps the body vigorous by providing energy. If your ingredients are ready, we can start the Russian honey cake recipe that you can prepare with your own hands on special occasions.
Are you looking for delicious cake recipes that you can offer on special days and celebrations?
Ingredients for the Russian Cake Recipe
- 500 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 80 g butter
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 1 packet of baking powder
For the cream
- 500 ml raw cream
- 200 ml quark
- 100 ml honey
- Increased biscuit dough
- Red fruits
How to Make a Russian Cake?
- Put a medium sized sauce pan on the stove. Put half the honey in it and add the butter, just heat it, never boil it.
- Take the remaining honey from the stove and mix, then add the eggs one by one and beat. Slowly add a glass of flour and finish whisking.
- Put the remaining flour in the kneading bowl and add the baking powder in it. Then transfer the egg mixture and start kneading it to get a medium hard dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts. Open each of them with a diameter of 20-25 cm and cook in a fireproof bottom pan in a short time (it should not exceed 2 minutes in total).
- Cut the edges properly with an 18-20 cm circle mold. Pass the extracted pieces through the blender to use them for decoration in the oven.
- Whisk the cream, add the honey and continue whisking. Mix by ending whisking and adding quark.
- Put a few spoons of cream between them on a flat plate and arrange them on top of each other. Cover the cake with the remaining cream.
- Cover it with the crumbs you passed through the blender. In this way, keep it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Before serving, decorate with fresh fruits and serve by slicing.
What Are The Tips Of Russian Cake?
- Make sure that the ingredients you will use in the recipe are at room temperature.
- Continue the whisking process continuously so that the cream becomes identical. If clumping occurs, you can pass it through the mixer.
- Do not slice this cake without keeping it in the refrigerator! A delicious Russian cake is only after 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- You can decorate the Russian cake with chocolate sauce.
How many calories is 1 portion of Russian cake?
One slice of Russian cake costs about 350 calories. Since it has high sugar and carbohydrate value, it should be consumed in moderation.