A crunchy flavor. A recipe that will be loved by those who don’t want to bother with preparing cakes. This time, we decided to use puff pastry dough instead of sponge cake. Take a look at the recipe for heart cake with puff pastry that you can easily shape.
Ingredients for Puff Pastry Heart Cake Recipe
- 18 puff pastry dough
- 700 ml milk
- 2 tea glasses of granulated sugar
- 1.5 tea glasses of flour
- 1 teaspoon of wheat starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 packs of vanilla
- 30 g butter
- Mint leaves
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Puff Pastry Heart Cake?
- For the cream, mix the milk, sugar, flour, starch, egg yolks and vanilla in a saucepan until the ingredients are well matched. Cook it as a pudding, stirring constantly. After it is cooked, turn off the heat and add the butter and melt by mixing.
- Let it cool by stirring constantly. Cut the puff pastry dough with a big heart mold and place them on an oiled paper lined tray. Cook in the 180 degree oven until it rises and take it out of the oven and leave it to cool.
- Spread the cream you have prepared between the doughs and lay them in three layers. Garnish with currant and mint leaves and serve.