Chocolate, whose homeland is Central and South America, was used as a beverage in the early days. With the Spanish conquest of Central America, chocolate was combined with different flavors and turned into food. This food, which also increases the hormone of happiness, meets the amount of energy the body needs. Despite its high calorie value, many desserts are now combined with chocolate. If you wish, we can switch to the chocolate roll cake recipe that you can prepare on special occasions:
Ingredients for Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe
For the cake
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- Half a pack of baking powder
- 1 packet of vanilla
For chocolate cream
- 100 ml cream
- 150 g white chocolate
For the above
How to Make a Chocolate Roll Cake?
- First, for the cream, put the cream and chocolate in a saucepan. Stir and cook until the chocolate is completely melted.
- When the chocolates are melted, take the mixture from the stove and beat it with a mixer. Put the warm cream in the fridge and cool.
- Then take the eggs and granulated sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat them with a mixer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla and whisk again. Spread greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- Spread the cake mortar you have prepared on oily paper with the help of a spatula. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- After removing it from the oven, place it on a clean kitchen cloth. Roll it up with cloth.
- After it cools, open the cake and spread the cooled cream on it. Roll it up again and let it rest for 1-2 hours. Sprinkle cocoa on top. Bon appetit already.
Chocolate Roll Cake Service Suggestions
You can take advantage of natural fruits to make your cake look more beautiful. Place the sliced banana, kiwi and strawberries inside the cake.
You can get a more elegant look by pouring raspberry and caramel sauces over the cake.
If you are preparing your cake for special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries, you can write on the top with colorful candies.
What Are The Tips Of A Chocolate Roll Cake?
- Before you start preparing the cake of the Swiss roll, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- At the first stage, put the egg yolks and whites in separate containers. Mix the egg whites until they are thick and add them into the mortar.
- Use baking soda alongside the baking powder. While baking powder will make the cake rise, it will balance the carbonate acids and make a more delicious cake.
- Except for the mixer, whisk the ingredients you need to mix with a wooden spoon.
- If the consistency of the mortar is watery, you can add flour. Remember that the cake needs to be boza-like in order to be just the way you want it.
- Grease the inside of the cake mold you will use with butter or use greaseproof paper.
How many calories is 1 portion of chocolate roll cake?
A 100-gram serving of chocolate cake is about 385 calories. If you are looking for a low-calorie dessert, you can also try the banana roll cake recipe, which is 260 calories and prepared with natural ingredients.
Check out the cake recipes you can prepare at home to pamper yourself and your loved ones. Don’t forget to share the recipes you like.