As the name suggests, this dessert, which was first made in Germany, spread to Central European countries in a short time. Another name for the German cake, whose shape resembles donut, is berliner. It is prepared by frying the dough and divided into two parts by cutting in the middle. Usually whipped cream, jam or milk cream is used inside. Although high in sugar, it is known for meeting the amount of energy the body needs. If your ingredients are ready, we can move on to the original chocolate german cake recipe and also you can check other Germany Cuisine Recipes.
Ingredients for Chocolate German Cake Recipe
- 5 cups flour
- 10 g dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 spoonful butter
- 1 tea glass of milk
- 1 tea glass of water
- 1 tea glass of granulated sugar
For the cream
- 3 glasses of milk
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 packet of vanilla
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
For the above
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 3/4 tea glass of cream
- Finely ground Pistachio
How to Make Chocolate German Cake?
- For the cake, put the flour in a bowl, mix it with sugar and salt and open the middle like a pool. Add yeast, egg, yoghurt, water, milk and softened butter into it.
- Take the flour from the edges and add it slowly and knead. Take walnut-sized pieces from the dough and roll them.
- Spread greaseproof paper on the baking tray and place it on the dough, pressing lightly on it. Cover and leave to ferment. Bake in an oven set at 175 degrees.
- For the cream, cook the egg yolks, milk, flour, sugar and vanilla in a pan until thickened. Let it cool, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the cream into the piping bag. Cut the cakes across the middle and squeeze the cream into them.
- Melt the cream and chocolate together. Place the top covers of the cakes on the wire rack. Sprinkle the sauce over them with peanuts and let it cool. Close the lids of chilled pastries.
What Are The Tips Of Chocolate German Cake?
- After preparing the dough, you can rest it for 10 minutes by covering it.
- If there are lumps in the dough, pass it through a mixer once.
- To make the cake fluffy, add a pinch of baking soda and baking soda.
- Preheat the oven for the cake to bake evenly. If one side is cooked more, you can continue the cooking process by covering the top with foil.
- If you wish, you can add fruit slices to the cream.
How many calories is 1 serving of German chocolate cake?
One serving of chocolate german cake costs about 230 calories. Since it is a carbohydrate dessert, it is recommended to be consumed in small portions.